Blog Post #11: Bridge to Present (Notre Dame Community)
Blog Post #11: Bridge to Present
1.) What did you find interesting about the history of the Sisters of Notre Dame?
I have known many Sisters of Notre Dame throughout my life, as I went to Notre Dame Highschool. I have always found it interesting how involved in education the sisters generally are. They originated in France under St. Julie Billiart, the founder of Notre Dame De Nemur. The sisters also taught as teachers at Notre dame highschool, and boarded in the now demolished convent on campus. Sr. Dorothy Stang is one of the most inspiring sisters I know because she put her life at risk in order to help perserve the rainforests of Brazil and all of the people who lived there, and died for her passion.
2.)What is something that you heard from the Alumnae Panel that stuck with you and why?
I liked learning about each alumna's unique experience with Notre Dame. I especially likd Mrs. Brady's experience. She said that the nuns who taught at Notre were strict. She also said that the dining hall was for boarders and nuns only. The classrooms upstairs were old boarding rooms for boarders.
3.)What does it mean to you to be a part of the Notre Dame Community?
Honestly, I dont really have an opinion on this matter. I don't really feel too connected to Notre Dame other than going to classes. This is most likely due to the fact that I am not Catholic and I do not relate to the religious life. Other than that, I love Notre as a school. I think its a positive community of sisterhood and friendship.
4.)When you leave Notre Dame High School, what do you think are some values that will stay with you?
Some values that will stay with me are definately responsibility, accountability, and the value of sisterhood. I will always value the relationships that I have with women throughout my life because I think that these friendships are so important. #girlsrule.
THIS IS A PICTURE THAT I TOOK IN WASHINGON DC WITH MY NDE CLASS. IT REPRESENTS THE BLOSSOMING OF FRIENDSHIPS THAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED THROUGH NOTRE DAME.
2.)What is something that you heard from the Alumnae Panel that stuck with you and why?
I liked learning about each alumna's unique experience with Notre Dame. I especially likd Mrs. Brady's experience. She said that the nuns who taught at Notre were strict. She also said that the dining hall was for boarders and nuns only. The classrooms upstairs were old boarding rooms for boarders.
3.)What does it mean to you to be a part of the Notre Dame Community?
Honestly, I dont really have an opinion on this matter. I don't really feel too connected to Notre Dame other than going to classes. This is most likely due to the fact that I am not Catholic and I do not relate to the religious life. Other than that, I love Notre as a school. I think its a positive community of sisterhood and friendship.
4.)When you leave Notre Dame High School, what do you think are some values that will stay with you?
Some values that will stay with me are definately responsibility, accountability, and the value of sisterhood. I will always value the relationships that I have with women throughout my life because I think that these friendships are so important. #girlsrule.
THIS IS A PICTURE THAT I TOOK IN WASHINGON DC WITH MY NDE CLASS. IT REPRESENTS THE BLOSSOMING OF FRIENDSHIPS THAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED THROUGH NOTRE DAME.
Comments
Post a Comment