Blog Post #9 Resilience

  1. Blog Post # 9 Resilience

    1. Could you ever see yourself sharing similar messages that your Letter Writer did? Why or why not? How would you share them?
      I could definately see myself sharig the messages that Paul the Apostle shared with people. His messages were focused on the idea of suffering. I think that it is important to suffer in order to understand the true meaning of life. Everyone suffers in their own way. Today, people suffer from hunger, descrimination, substance addiction, dealing with loss, or self identity issues. Being part of the femenist club, I already help to spread awareness for suffering surrounding women. Some ways that I do this is by participating in women's marches, and living everyday with the intention of educating someone on these issues.

      2. What are some new things that you learned from the Marian Apparation projects presented in class?
      I learned many new things while listening to my peer's presentations and creating my own booklet. Firstly, I learned that Mary has appeared to people in France, Ireland, Japan, and Mexico. Mary has asked many of the people who she has appeared to to pray for sinners and build churches in her name by the locations that she has appeared at. These include chapels in Lourdes, France and Tepayac Hill, Mexico. Also, Mary always appeared dressed as the local people invisioned her and speaking their native language, which shows the diversity that the Virgin Mary represents. Lastly, I learned that the Catholic Church only approves apparitions if the witnesses are mentally sane and have lived faithful lives.

      3. How did you see resilience at work within the apparation that you researched?
      The apparition that I researched was the "Our Lady Of Lourdes" apparation. Mary revealed herself to a young Frrench girl named Bernadette Soubirous. Bernadette suffered from illness her entire life, and faced speculation and ridicule from the people in her village for revealing her visions of Mary. bernadette continuously stuch with her story and never gave in to other's disbelief. She was extremely resilient to carrying out the Virgin Mary's message and commands. She was persistent in building a church by the grotto where Mary appeared and praying for sinners. Bernadette later became a nun and devoted the rest of her short life to God, always remembering what she had witnessed.

      4. Do you see yourself being resilient?
      I do see myself as being resilient. It takes a lot to break me as a person. I deal with deaths very well and although disappointment affects me I have tried very hard to overcome this. For example, countlessly being disappointed by not getting a role that I audition for as an actress has strengthened my resilience. I do not let others dictate my life. I have learned to find my own hapiness and satisfaction through being resilient. Although, there are life challenges that I have not yet experienced which I know will test my strength in the future.

      I chose this image because it is the first production that I was a part of that challenged my resilience. I did not get the role that I believed that I deserved, but in the end learned to keep working and pushing forward as a performer. Today, I am the lead in my school musical West Side Story and in a few weeks will be continuing as the lead role of Esmeralda in the Hunchback of Notre Dame. I truly feel that because of my resilience I succeeded.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post #2 Bible Archaeology

Blog post #8 Suffering