Blog Post #4
Blog Post #4 Insights By Sophia Bouzid
Multimedia Explanation: I chose to show an image of a person climbing a mountain because I believe that life is an uphill battle. Faith that you will one day reach the top of a mountain is the foundation of my beliefs in life. Overcoming struggles, experiencing love and joy, and accomplishing good in the world is what we as people should strive for in our short time on Earth.
What are new things that you learned about prayer from this unit? Be specific.One of the best times to pray according to Jesus is in early in the morning in a secluded area that allows one to reflect in peace and solidarity, free from distractions. There are multiple types of prayer methods. These methods include song and dance, communal intentions, daily examen, and adoration. Prayer can get someone through rough and difficult times. Just like Jesus, we can get up and do something about sadness by praying, as asking God for guidance will come. Gratitude exercises are also a beneficial form of prayer and reflection, as they help one to appreciate every aspect-good or bad- about their lives.Do you see yourself implementing any new prayer practices?I see myself practicing grateful exercises such as thinking of something that I am grateful for every time I walk through a doorway. I have so many things to be grateful for, the most prominent being my family, friends, and ability to live comfortably in the Bay Area. Another form of prayer that I recently began practicing is the daily examen. I Write down the events of my day in a journal and ask Jesus questions. I look back at the questions I wrote every week, and I find myself being able to answer some. Bigger taunting questions that bring me anxiety cannot always be answered right away, but it brings me solace to know that God has heard my question and eventually provide me with answers.- What were the main messages you got from the movie The Case for Christ?The main messages that I received from The Case of Christ were that faith is just as important in believing in God as physical evidence and that you have wanted to see something in order to discover the truth about it. Lee is a journalist, an atheist, and believes that Christianity is both a cult and false because of the lack of evidence pertaining to Christ's Resurrection. His wife, Leslie, has recently opened her heart to Christ and wants the same for Lee and their daughter, Allison. Lee becomes obsessed with the idea of questioning professionals to disprove that Christ's resurrection never happened. However, Lee learns that faith, along with any other historical finding is key in believing in events that have happened in the past. Lee also learns the importance of finding truths in Christ and during reporting on a man's involvement in cop shooting by wanting to find the truth. He learns that opening your heart to truth is the only way to see it.
- What new things did you take away about yourself from this unit, perhaps from Lectio Divina, the Gratitude class, the meditation, or the movie?One major thing that I learned about myself during this unit is how much I have to appreciate and be grateful for and how little I actually reflect on my wonderful life. Life itself can be a wondrous experience, but it is up to you to find the happiness, love, and joy that God gives. I really liked learning about Lectio Devina, or the savoring of Bible text. I think that it is very fulfilling to recognize the deeper meaning of God's word. Adoration, confession, thanksgiving, and supplication are the steps to truly experience Lectio Devina. Through the meditation, one can truly connect with Jesus and experience a peaceful encounter with God.
Citation: <Photo cited for non-commercial reuse>

Comments
Post a Comment